Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has issued an employment notification at http://ssc.nic.in for Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2016 for recruitment to 5134 posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC) and Court Clerk. Final Date for submission of application by prescribed format is 25th November 2016. SSC CHSL (10+2) Examination will be held on 7th January 2017 and 5th February 2017.
Name of Posts : Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC) and Court Clerk
Total Number of Posts : 5134 Posts
Details of Posts
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant : 3281 posts
- Lower Division Clerk : 1321 posts
- Data Entry Operator : 506 posts
- Court Clerk : 26 Posts
Scale of Pay
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants: Pay Band-1 Rs 5,200-20,200 with a grade pay of Rs 2,400 (pre-revised)
- Data Entry operator: Pay Band-1 Rs 5,200 -20,200 with a grade pay of Rs.1900/ Rs 2,400 (pre-revised)
- Lower Divisional Clerk: Pay Band-1 Rs 5,200 -20,200 with a grade pay of Rs 1900 (pre-revised)
- Court Clerk : Pay Band-1 Rs 5,200 -20,200 with a grade pay of Rs 1900 (pre-revised)
Age Limit : Minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years as on 1st January 2017 (Candidates born not before 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-1999).
Education Qualification : Candidate should have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
Selection Process : Selection process will consist of Computer based Written Examination (Objective type) (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III). Skill test will be conducted for Data Entry Operator and Typing Test will be conducted for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks. Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) will be conducted on 7th January 2017 & 5th February 2017 and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) will be held on 9th April 2017.
Application Fee : Application fee charges are Rs.100. Fee should be pay either through SBI challan or online payment through SBI Challan/Net Banking/Credit and Debit Card from State Bank of India. No fee charges for Women, Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Physically handicapped and ex-servicemen candidates.
How to Apply : Candidates meeting eligibility criteria may apply online only through http://ssconline.nic.in till 25th November 2016.A candidate must indicate the Centre in the online Application Form in which he/she desires to take the examination
Closing Date for Online Registration :25.11.2016
Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 07.01.2017 & 05.02.2017
Date of Tier-II (Descriptive Paper): 09.04.2017
Related Govt Jobs
- SSC JHT Exam 2017 - Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator & Hindi Pradhyapak Jobs
- SSC Upper Division Clerks (UDC) Recruitment 2016 - Application Form
- SSC Recruitment 2016 - Junior Engineer Examination 2016 Apply Online
- ICSIL Recruitment 2016 - 145 I.T. Assistant, Data Entry Operator Jobs